Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen

Please click on the book cover to preview or to buy this book.



You will love this book from the very first paragraph.  It is about every woman's concerns from Day One of their worrying years. You will laugh and say to yourself...."oh my, how true." Or...."wow...that happened to me."

Each chapter had a topic that was very poignant and one that will make you reflect as you read through the incidents and facts.  The chapter titled Generations  and the chapter titled To Be Continued definitely brought tears to my eyes.  Another chapter titled Older will make you laugh out loud.
  

Your emotions will be taken on a fun, wild ride with every chapter.  Be prepared for tears and laughter as well as sound advice along with points to ponder...especially in the last chapter.

The book was factual but personal because it brought many private topics to light.   Any woman over 50 should enjoy this book. Younger women may laugh, but may not get the full impact.
 It is a great, light read for the most part.  Some comments especially about our children and the role they play in our lives really hit home and how we as women need each other to make it all happen for us. 

The author also comments that it certainly is a blessing that we were born when we were and not when our mothers had been born and that each generation most probably will look back on some of the strides made and think that event wasn't a big deal because that had been happening for a while.  Take the time to read and enjoy the book and your life....that is what Anna Quindlen taught me.



6 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one - it sounds like my kind of book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this last week and I really enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment and beinga new follower! Following back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely seems like a book I'd like, even though I'm way under 50.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good book. I am a new follower.
    Elle
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/03/e-book-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete