Friday, May 13, 2016

ARMCHAIR BEA DAY 3



Day 3 has Armchair Bloggers moving our focus beyond the traditional format of the media we consume and create!
 
Beyond the traditional form of the novel, what are your favorite alternative forms (graphic novels, audiobooks, webcomics, etc)? 

Do you have any favorite works within these alternate forms? How do you think the changing format affects the reading experience? 
 *********
I am not sure what graphic novels are, but I don't think I have read any.  :)

I have started listening to audiobooks.

I still like a print copy of a book the best.  Audios are good, but too difficult to go back and find something you missed.

For me, e-books and audios just aren't the same.
**********
Our secondary topic, beyond the blog could focus on the ways you engage in talking about books outside of your blog. 

Do you participate in book clubs, take classes, meticulously maintain your goodreads profile? Let the world know!

Oh....I definitely let the world know about books I have read.  :)

Everyone knows that when I am on the scene, books will be the main topic of discussion. :) 

I normally have folks asking me what I have read, but I also start the conversations.

I belong to a book club and keep my Goodreads profile up-to-date.

Whenever I post a review on my blog, it also goes on my Goodreads page as well as Amazon, LibraryThing, BookBundlz, Reading Room, BookMovement, Riffle, BookLikes, Leafmarks, and Pinterest.  

This way no one misses what Silver's Reviews has to say.  :)

I recently found Leafmarks, and I like the site.  Take a look at some of those other sites if you aren't familiar with them.

Happy Reading!!  Happy Armchair BEA!!



14 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm with you. Nothing beats a physical book for me. I like to dip into other forms of storytelling but I'll always return to a physical book.

    I'm going to have to investigate some of those sites you mentioned - there are a few I haven't heard of!

    Hope you have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all are book sites, but just a bit different from each other.

      Thanks for stopping, Rhoda.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to everyone's answers.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a manga I read and reviewed, Siler. Like a graphic novel or comic book. https://bookdilettante.blogspot.com/2016/04/manga-oogu-inner-chambers-volume-i-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...and thanks for stopping, Harvee Lau.

      Delete
  4. Print is best, but I do enjoy audio books as well. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them when I am working or walking. Nice company. :)

      Thanks for stopping, The Bookworm.

      Delete
  5. I'm also listening to audio books more. I share your feeling about not being able to go back to something like you can in a book. But it's still another reading option.
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice option.

      Thanks for stopping, Diane.

      Delete
  6. Graphic novels is a comic version of a book. My girls devour those and the little one usually likes pictures in her chapter books. I only own the first, Twilight graphic novel which was beautifully drawn. Other than that, I can't get into them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know what graphic novels are.

      Thanks for stopping, Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons.

      Delete
  7. I've read some graphic novels mostly middle grade so as to know what I was giving my students to read. They are great but I found they take a whole new level of skill in reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting on the new level of skill.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathryn.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for letting me know about the sites. I will check them out.

    ReplyDelete