Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Sisters Like Us by Susan Mallery


Two sisters, two different life styles, but the same mother that always was perfect and critical.

Harper was the sister who made everything from scratch and owned a virtual assistant business that she tried to do all alone.  She struggled with her finances since her husband left her for a younger woman, left her with a teenage daughter, and left her with no financial help.

Stacey was the sister who was a brilliant, successful scientist who never thought she would be pregnant and keeps denying the fact that she is to be a mother soon.  The worst thing was that she still hadn't told her overbearing mother she is expecting.....that definitely won't go well.

SISTERS LIKE US was a light read that addressed everyday situations with spouses and teenagers and some actual family situations that could happen even though they were stretched to the limit a bit.

I enjoyed SISTERS LIKE US and enjoyed most of the characters including Bunny the overbearing, critical mother.   There were some laugh-out-loud moments as well as some what-are-you doing moments.  Some parenting advice as well as some romance was included. A book always needs a little romance.

If you need a fun, heartfelt read, give SISTERS LIKE US a try.  5/5

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.



15 comments:

  1. ENJOY if you read SISTERS LIKE US.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books about sisters - this sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good.

      ENJOY if you read it, Kathy, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I did enjoy this one too and I guess I should see about posting my own review of it very soon. Bunny sure was critical - stemming maybe from unhappiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny was very critical.

      Will be keeping my eye out for your thoughts.

      Thanks for commenting, Kathryn.

      Delete
  4. I agree....books do need a little romance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters sounds so good! Wonderful review, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suko.

      It was a nice change of pace for me.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Pretty sure I'd enjoy this! Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy this book very much, Mary.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  7. I like having books like this one at the ready...to fill in when I need a rest from the thrillers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...a nice change from what I normally read.

      Thanks for commenting, Laurel.

      Delete
  8. Yours is the third review within the last few hours that I've read for this book. Sounds popular as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is the book’s publication date. :)

      Thanks for commenting, Mystica.

      Delete